Living in Allendale

Posted by Maxwell Progressive on Friday, February 24th, 2017 at 8:09am.

All About the Allendale Lifestyle

Allendale is housing district situated at the southwest Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The name of the neighborhood is given after the Allen family, they used to farm this region. In 1907 the area was annexed by City of Strathcona. Allendale became the part of Edmonton in 1912. It happened when the city of Strathcona and Edmonton merged.
Allendale was built during the post-World War II period. This neighborhood has a simple grid pattern with a park in the center. The neighborhood is surrounded on the east by 104 Street and Canadian Pacific Railway. On the south by 61 Avenue and on the west by 109 Street. While on the north by 70 Avenue.
Lifestyle


The houses in Allendale are single family that are attractive because of the easy access to the University of Alberta and Calgary Trail. This neighborhood is near to many shopping centers. Whyte Avenue is in the north while Southgate center to the south. There is the Stollery Children’s Hospital and a university hospital.
Furthermore, half of the homes were built between the end of World War II and 1960. 34.6% residences were built throughout 1960s and 1970s. Few of the houses were constructed after 1980.
In Allendale 72% of the houses are single family house, 15% are rented apartments in low-rise buildings. 12% are duplexes and 54% of the houses are rented whereas the rest 46% are owner occupied.


Allendale neighborhood has one school, Allendale Elementary Junior High School. It is run by the Edmonton Public School System.
Demographics

allendalehomesforsale

According to the census of Edmonton in 2012, the population of Allendale stood at 2,722. There was a decrease of 5.8% in the population since 2009. The people of Allendale are living 1,538 residences.
Previously the population of Allendale was mobile. In the 2005 census, 21.7% residents moved in Allendale within the last 12 months. 23.9% moved within the time period of 1 to 3 years. Only 38.1% population of Allendale had stayed at the same address for 5 years or more.
Attractions in Allendale


Here is the list of the attractions in the town of Allendale.


SW Attractions
Fort Edmonton Park
John Walter Museum
John Janzen Nature Centre.
SW Indoor Arenas
Terwillegar Subway Arena
George S. Hughes Arena
Kinsmen Twin Arenas
Confederation Arena
Tipton Arena.
SW Recreation Centres
Queen Elizabeth Outdoor Pool
Kinsmen Sports Centre
City Arts Centre
Terwillegar Community Rec Centre
Confederation Leisure Centre
Scona Pool.
Surrounding Neighborhoods
Following is the list of the surrounding neighborhood of Allendale:
McKernan
Queen Alexandra
Parkallen
Lendrum Place
Pleasantview
CRP Wets, CRP Irvine
Coronet Industrial, Rosedale Industrial.

Overall, Allendale is a quiet neighborhood with old trees. It features attractive and beautiful parks that are great for walking. Most of the residents are young couple or young singles. This gives a youthful energy to the community. This place is ideal for students and young adults. Moreover, most of the people drive to work and school. As Allendale is centrally located and near the downtown, the public transport is easily available.

 

 

 

Top Edmonton Realtor Robert Fyfe on your side when Buying or Selling Edmonton Real Estate 780-700-4075

For access to our exclusive Edmonton real estate search tools, register with Realty Executives Progressive today. You can save your favorite searches and subscribe to email notifications when new properties are added with your specifications. Especially if you're looking for 

Interested in more information about Allendale homes for sale? Contact Top Edmonton Realtor ® Robert Fyfe of Realty Executives Progressive via email, phone 780-700-4075 or try a custom Edmonton Area MLS ® Search. In today's market it is so important to have the best Realtor on your team when buying or selling Edmonton Real Estate. Protect your largest investment and go with a team you can trust. 

Leave a Comment

Format example: you@domain.com
Format example: yourwebsitename.com

Sign up for email updates